CHURCH MISSIONARY SOCIETY ARCHIVE
Section II: Missions to Women
Part 5: Minutes of the Zenana, Medical and Bible Mission, 1865-1937, and the Annual Reports of the Indian Female Normal School and Instruction Society, 1863-1879, from Interserve, London
- There are the clear, handwritten minutes of Committee meetings of the Zenana, Bible and Medical Mission, 1865-1937.
- From 1894 onwards these include an index of subjects, names and places.
- This part also includes the Annual Reports of the Indian Female Normal School and Instruction Society for 1863-1879.
- They comprise an account of the year’s work in the missions in India.
- Topics covered include the appointment of new teachers, examinations, information on the Native Training School and the Heathen Infant Day School, very detailed information on the work carried out by the missionaries in the Zenanas, the activities of Native Agents and Female Bible Readers, a statement of funds and subscriptions for the year, as well as extracts from missionary journals.