CHURCH MISSIONARY SOCIETY ARCHIVE
Section III: Central Records
Part 8: CMS Minutes, 1837-1853
This part continues the CMS Committee Minutes for the period 1837-1853 and comprises:
- The General Minutes.
- Minutes of the Committee of Accounts, which are an important source for historians interested in the funding problems of the CMS in the nineteenth century.
- The Correspondence Minutes, which are a fascinating source including letters to the CMS from the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Bishop of London and the President of the Royal Geographical Society.
Other minutes included are:
- Children’s Home Visitors, 1850-1853.
- Clerical, 1838-1853.
- Finance, 1842-1853.
- Islington College Visitors, 1837-1853.
- Patronage, 1837-1853.
- There are also minutes for two special committees: the House Committee and the Audit Committee.
All volumes have indexes at the front.