CHURCH MISSIONARY SOCIETY ARCHIVE
Section IV: Africa Missions
Part 9: Nigeria - Yoruba, 1880-1934
This completes the Nigerian material on the Yoruba Mission with the following records:
- Original Papers for 1904-1934.
- Précis Books for 1880-1934.
- The Original Papers include many important journals such as the one by E M Lijadu of Ode Ondo describing his travels to outlying areas where he preached to converts, settled quarrels and gave lectures to students.
- Other significant documents consist of reports on training, education, the position of women in the church in the Mission Field and the findings of the Medical Board.
- There are Minutes of the Executive Committee, the Abeokuta Church Council, meetings held at the CMS training school, the Ibadan Native Church Council, the Ladies Conference in Lagos and extracts from school reports.
- The documents provide good insights into local tribal life and customs.