CHURCH MISSIONARY SOCIETY ARCHIVE
Section VI: Missions to India
Part 3: India General, 1811-1815, and South India Mission, 1815-1884
In Part 3 attention focuses on the South India Mission with:
- Early Correspondence, 1815-1820.
- Individual Letter Books, 1851-1884.
- Letter Books, 1820-1884.
- Mission Books, 1820-1834.
There are papers of the Madras Corresponding Committee, a report by
Rev C E Rhenius on the Madras schools in 1818, early journals by Rev M Bailey,
Rev C E Rhenius, Rev B Schmid and Rev and Mrs T Norton, as well as significant documents on the Native Church Council and its developments in the 1860s.
- There are documents on Tinnevelly, Bangalore, Madras, Travancore, Allepie and Cotyn.
- Many interesting and descriptive letters provide information on the Indian Mutiny.
- A lot of material focuses on schools and education.