CHURCH MISSIONARY SOCIETY ARCHIVE
Section VI: Missions to India
Part 5: North India Mission, 1817-1880
This material concentrates on Original Papers for the period 1817-1880 and includes significant documents on:
- The Calcutta Corresponding Committee, 1820-1879.
- The Simla and Himalaya Corresponding Committee, 1840-1846.
- Missionary Conferences and Church Councils.
- Local CMS Associations in Agra, Allahabad, Benares, Calcutta, Chunar, Gorakhpur, Lahore, Lucknow, Meerut and Peshawar.
- The Punjab Committee for medical missions.
There is also good runs of the following material:
- Correspondence with the bishops of Calcutta, 1820-1879.
- Education papers.
- Candidates papers.
- Papers of Indian Christians - journals, reports, annual letters, petitions, biographies and correspondence.
- Letters, journals and papers of individual missionaries and catechists (organised alphabetically Abel - Bowley with this sequence being continued in Part 6).