Complete classes from the CAB & PREM series in the Public Record Office
Series Three: CAB 128 & CAB 129 - Cabinet Conclusions & Cabinet Memoranda, 1945 and following
Part 3: The Churchill/Eden Governments, October 1951 - January 1957
(CAB 128/23-30 & CAB 129/48-84)
- Here we provide all the Cabinet minutes and memoranda for the Churchill and Eden Governments, October 1951-January 1957.
- What changes did the Conservative Government introduce and did the administration cope well with the global international challenges of the 1950’s?
- Researchers can look at the successes and failures of Anthony Eden as both Foreign Secretary and as Prime Minister.
- There is much material on the process of granting colonial independence, on Anglo-American relations, the National Health Service, industrial disputes and wages policy, economic policy and moves towards European integration.
- The intricacies of the Suez Crisis in 1956 can be examined.