EIGHTEENTH CENTURY JOURNALS II
Newspapers and Periodicals, 1699-1812, from the Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center, University of Texas at Austin
Further information on this digital resource can be found on our website www.amdigital.co.uk.
This is a critical resource for the study of all aspects of the eighteenth century. It offers a wide variety of newspapers and periodicals which are not available elsewhere. Many are extremely rare and exisit only in short runs. All are now offered in extremely clear greyscale images, supported by fully searchable text that has been double-keyed and is captured in the original format.
This resource can be used for the study of:
- British and European Literature
- Theatre and popular entertainment
- Politics and Religion
- The American and French Revolutions
- Popular morality and social life
- Picturesque and Landscape
- The origins and rise of Romanticism
- Exoticism and imperialism
This digital collection has no overlap with ECCO, EEBO or Early English Newspapers. Material is drawn from London, Dublin and Edinburgh, as well as many local and provincial publications.