FOREIGN OFFICE FILES FOR CHINA, 1949-1976
(Public Record Office Classes FO 371 and FCO 21)
Part 4: Complete Files for 1952 (PRO Class FO 371/99229-99387)
Part 4 continues with in-depth coverage of events in China, Formosa (Taiwan) and Hong Kong for 1952. There is also significant material on the Korean War and the Soviet Union. These files provide researchers with a unique viewpoint from within China on a variety of topics including:
- The consolidation of Communist rule in China.
- The effect of Chinese Communist rule on Sino-British relations.
- The internal political, social and economic situation in China.
- Tensions between Britain and America over Far East policies.
- Chiang Kai-Shek and the Nationalist Government in Formosa.
- British colonial and business interests in the Far East.