NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT AFTER THE COLD WAR
Part 4: Archives of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, 2006-2008
In February 2008 CND celebrated its 50th anniversary with a Global Summit for a Nuclear Weapon Free World at London's City Hall. This was followed by many other events, including a special Easter Monday demonstration at Aldermaston.
This update covers the anniversary initiatives, annual reviews, press releases, minutes, newsletters, leaflets and other publications of CND for the period 2006-2008. Key issues include:
- US Missile bases in Europe
- Trident replacement
- The international campaign to abolish nuclear weapons
- The campaign against depleted uranium
- Lakenheath Action Group
- Criticisms of nuclear power and the campaign for a safe, genuinely sustainable, global and environmentally friendly solution to energy requirements
- ‘Troops out of Iraq’ campaign
- ‘Don’t attack Iran’ demonstrations
- Protests against the war in Afghanistan. CND has been working closely with the Stop The War Coalition, the Muslim Association of Britain and the British Muslim Initiative.