SCOTTISH MISSIONARY ARCHIVES
Part 3: Conference: Quarterly Paper of the United Free Church of Scotland Missions in India, 1902-1969.
Conference is a fascinating periodical describing missionary activities in India from 1902 to 1969. Given that it continued on through two world wars and through Independence, it witnessed many changes in Indian society and in the organisation of the Church in India.
Issued quarterly it is full of interesting articles such as:
- The relation of missionaries to Anglo-Indians (1903)
- Industrial Work of Village Christian Girls (1911)
- The War – Our Lesson Book (1916)
- The present political situation in India (1918)
- The Congress of the Forward Movement (1932)
- The Christian message in a non-Christian world (1939)
- The revolution in Asia (1950)
- Modern India’s oldest university (1955)
- The work of WHO in South East Asia (1957)
Conference will be of interest to cultural historians, missiologists and historians of India and Pakistan. It offers unexpected insights into issues such as health, education and politics and is also a rich source of biographical data about missionaries in India.