STATE PROVISION FOR SOCIAL NEED
Series Two: The Beveridge Papers from the British Library of Political and Economic Science
Part 2: Politics, Economic Planning, Social Insurance, Health and the Welfare State, 1944-1963
Part 2 includes his correspondence as a constituency MP for Berwick on Tweed, 1944-1945, material on the General Election campaign of 1945 as well as all Beveridge's papers as a member of the House of Lords, 1946-1963, relating to Parliamentary affairs and debates as well as topics of strong personal interest.
There is good material on:
- Social Insurance.
- the Children's Bill.
- the Economic Situation.
- Housing, the Family and Welfare issues.
- the National Health Service.
- the National Insurance Bill of 1954, Provision for Old Age and
- Transport Problems.
- the United Nations, Disarmament and Europe.
- Liberal Party organisation.