SEX AND GENDER
Manuscript Sources from the Public Record Office
Part 4: Equal Opportunities and Pay (T 162, T 163, T 171, T 172, T 189, T 214,
T 215, T 217, T 273, T 275, T 328 and WO 32 files)
This material continues our coverage of the subject of equal pay and
Part 4 concentrates on Treasury files and War Office material. This features:
- Material regarding the Ministry of Munitions.
- Papers on the rates of pay in the Civil Service.
- Recommendations of the Royal Commission on the Civil Service, 1953-1955.
- Papers on the Married Women (Employment) Bill, 1927.
- A substantial section of Treasury Papers relating to the Royal Commission on Equal Pay.
- Papers on women factory inspectors.
- Papers on women working in the National Health Service.
- Papers of the International Labour Office Conference in Geneva, 1950, on equal pay.
- Papers of the National Whitley Council.
- Treasury Papers on the economic effects of the introduction of equal pay, 1968-1969.
- Material on sex discrimination in recruitment and employment in the armed forces: proposals for employment of women, 1964-1967.